Wednesday, October 27, 2010

HOW I MET MR. CUSHING...?

In the 3rd week of August, I first met Mr. Cushing. But he was in diguise as Mr. Nephrotic (nephrotic syndrome). My doctor thought that it was nephrotic syndrome because I was already having water retention and edema. My feet was swollen and i couldnt even wore my shoes. So my doctor (Doctor No. 1) advised me to undergo a series of test such as urinalysis, blood test for sugar, cholesterol, SGOT, Na, K, etc. and he gave me Furosemide and metropolol for medication (for my hypertension). My blood pressure is always 150/110. After a month, I decided to seek for a second opinion realizing that after taking those tests and medicines, nothing has changed. So I decided to see Doctor No. 2 but upon seeing me, he immediately refused and told me that he'll recommend me to another doctor, an endocrinologist because, by only looking at me he can tell that what ive been suffering is not nephrotic syndrome but cushing's syndrome.

No comments:

Post a Comment